Virtuous Scoundrel (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 2)

Virtuous Scoundrel (The Regency Romp Trilogy Book 2) - Maggie Fenton;Margaret Foxe This is book two in the " The Regency Romp Trilogy" by Maggie Fenton. I have read the first book " The Duke's Holiday" and fell in love with Maggie Fenton writing. I so loved that book and was so happy to have the chance to read this book. I will say that I thought this was a stand alone book. Yes, it did have the two previous characters and some others but it was a catch up with their life that I enjoyed but it did not have impact to this story. So don't feel you have to read them in order but I was glad that I did just for the catch up of the other characters. The heroine, Lady Katherine Manwaring has had a bit of a hard time of it. She thought she fell in love when she was fifteen years old and was devsated to learn she was just a money number to the man. Her father quickly married her off to an older gentleman who happens to be the hero hated Uncle. Our hero is Sebastian Sherbrook, who also has had a hard and upsetting past. Sebastian sees Katherine for the first time and feels that he has fallen in love with her or at the very least she attracts him like no other women has. They quick find that they are both acting like they hate each other to keep down their feelings for the other so the other won't know. Sebastian ends up leaving and not coming back for two years after Katherine has become a widow and he has inherited his uncles title and money. This starts their new chapter into finding themselves once again unable to resist the other and how their love comes to be. I was so in love with the first book and have not be disappointed with this one. I loved it and I am thankful for the chance to read and review it. “I received a free, advance copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review”