The Viscount Risks It All: A Prelude to a Kiss (A Prelude to a Kiss Novel)

The Viscount Risks It All: A Prelude to a Kiss (A Prelude to a Kiss Novel) - Erin Knightley This is book four in the "Prelude to a Kiss" series. I have only yet read the first book in the series but so I have not being going down the line in reading the series...so for me this is a standalone book. This is also somewhat different than other historical romance in the fact that Gavin and Felicity grew up together and are the same age. They were best friends and Gavin knew his feelings for Felicity but she did not have the same thoughts or feelings.
Gavin Stark, Viscount Derington had fallen in love with his best friend Felicity when he was fifteen years old. When she was to have her coming out he went to her to tell her of his feelings but he found that Lady Felicity had found someone and already was engaged. Lucky for him she told him of this before he declared himself. So Felicity went off and married her love and left Gavin to find his way. About 10 years later Felicity is a widow and comes back home to her friends for a visit. There she catches up with Gavin again never knowing how he really felt about her. Gavin is trying very hard not to fall under her spell again but time he found has not stopped him from his feelings. This starts their story of when friendship turns into something else.