The Art of Taming a Rake (Legendary Lovers)

The Art of Taming a Rake (Legendary Lovers) - Nicole Jordan This is book four in the "Legendary Lovers" series. I have read the other books in the series (I actually thought this was the best book so far!) but I feel that this is a stand alone book. It did have some of the previous characters but only has 'secondary' characters in this book...so it was just nice catching up with them. Our heroine, Venetia Stratham has been ostracized from society due to the fact on her wedding day her future husband came to her wedding in his clothes from the day before, he was drunk and had been with a women of "the night"/lady bird. So she walks out of her wedding making a scandal by doing so. Her family disowns her as they can't understand her reasoning. Years later she hears that her younger sister is being courted by Quinn Wilde, Earl of Traherne who she know to be just as bad as her former husband to be... Quinn is the one that brought her future husband to the church. So, Venetia heads to find Quinn and see what he is about. Venetia knows she can catch him doing something that would turn her sister off. Quinn has always felt he had a part in making Venetia turned out by society. So when he meets her again, he finds that he is still attracted to her and a situation they find themselves in leads to him proposing marriage to her. Venetia knows that Quinn is only asking for her hand so that he can save her and her family again from scandal. They both have been hurt in the past by other people. They both have had a lot of trust issue.. they have to overcome that. Not to mention that someone is trying to kill Quinn. I really liked this story and could not put it down... I had to read it in one sitting! I hope that you will love it too!!