Secrets that Simmer: A Wolf Shifter Romance Suspense (Urban Dwellers Book 2)

Secrets that Simmer: A Wolf Shifter Romance Suspense (Urban Dwellers Book 2) - Ivy Sinclair I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This is book two in the "Urban Dwellers" series. I have read the previous book but didn't feel that it was necessary to read that book to enjoy this one. Although I was glad I did as I have enjoyed the stories.
Wolf shifter Anthony Atwood is expert on shifter psychological behavior, writes books and has appeared in courts for some cases. Maggie O’Hara is a prosecutor who has seen Tony in court before. Now she has been sent a file on him that she goes to confront him with. Her boss finds out the next day and puts her on leave but she ends up just leaving her job. Tony offers her a job and they start working on a issue he and his friends had several years ago when they were young. While working on the case Tony has to fight his feelings that Maggie is his 'mate". He knows right now she wouldn't be opened to that. This does in with a cliffhanger to proceed into the next book.