To Steal a Heart (Secrets and Spies)

To Steal a Heart (Secrets and Spies) - K. C. Bateman This is book one in the "Secrets and Spies" series. This is my first book by this author and will not be my last. I fell in love with her writing and this story. There were some tough scene where I thought the hero, Nicolas Valette had been a littler hard on our heroine, Marianne de Bonnard. But it did not stop me from enjoying this book.
Marianne has had to take care of her and her sister since she was fourteen years old. They had been sent to their uncle after her parents were killed in a fire at their family home. There she finds her uncle is not a nice man. He tries to molest her and threatens her younger sister. To keep it a bay she tells him she can make him money by working in the circus. Marianne has learn to walk the tight rope and throw knives. He said that he will let her do that along with help him to steal and do other things to earn her way. On one of these assignments she is confronted by Nicolas who himself does things that are not above board and also a spy of sorts. Nicolas needs her for a mission and he goes through a lot of things to ensure that he gets her. Once she is under is thumb he takes her to a estate to start to train her and go over the mission he wants her to do. This starts their heated, emotional and hard love story. I truly enjoyed this book and hope that you do too!