The Rogue Not Taken

The Rogue Not Taken - Sarah MacLean This is book one in the "Scandal & Scoundrel " series. Sarah MacLean is one of my favorite authors. I just loved her books and this one did not disappoint at all! Sophie Talbot in her younger years was just the youngest daughter and loved life. Her father came into a title and money which took them to the 'town' and started the family acting different and trying to fix in. Sophie has tried to fit in even when her sister and family are always in the 'rag magazine'. Sophie that she could not turn the other cheek when she found her brother in-law with another women. Sophie retaliated by pushing him into the fishing pond. Then with the disapproval of her and everyone feeling for her brother in-law she decided then and there she would up and live the party. This lead her to meeting Kingscote, the Marquess of Eversley who is caught leaving out of a window. He too is trying to escape this party and Sophie thinks she can get him to take her home. King refuses and takes off.. she in turns sneaks on to his carriage This leads them down a funny, emotional and a really great love story. I loved this book and could now put it down. I cannot wait for the next book either! I hope that you enjoy it too!!